First impressions make a huge difference, and a great smile can give you the confidence you need to smile with pride. While everyone wants a bright and white smile, but aren’t sure how to achieve it. To help you get the pearly whites you’ve always dreamed of, please enjoy the following list of simple tips to get whiter teeth.
- Eating Habits A lot of foods have staining properties that will, over time, affect the whiteness of your teeth. Foods like berries, soy sauce, and curry are all dark foods that can stain your teeth. You don’t need to give up any of these foods however, simply remember to brush your teeth after each meal or snack. Also, the more raw and natural foods you eat, the better. Fast food and chemical-based processed foods are much more likely to leave stains.
Read More after the break...
- Drinking Habits Coffee, soda, wine and tea also contribute to yellowed teeth. Not only do they satin, but hot and cold temperatures also make your teeth more vulnerable to stains, making hot coffee that much worse. Like with food, brush after drinking staining substances, but not directly after wards or you could wear down tooth enamel.
- Natural Solutions It may come as a surprise, but many fruits have natural whitening properties when used correctly. You can mash up some strawberries and put them on your brush with toothpaste, or just rub on to the teeth, Leave on for five minutes, then rinse off. Another whitening fruit is orange peels. Rub orange peels on the teeth, and rinse. You can also try orange peel, bay leaves, and toothpaste finely mixed.
- Baking Soda It’s widely know that baking soda can whiten teeth and can be found in many toothpastes already. You can also make your own baking soda whitener by mixing baking soda with salt or by simply adding a small amount of baking soda to your toothbrush before the paste.
- Smoking Smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco damage and yellow your teeth in immense amounts. If you’re a smoker or chewer and want whiter teeth, start by cutting down on your tobacco habits as much as possible. Even the smallest cut down will help you have whiter, brighter teeth.
- Fluoride Some waters and even toothpastes contain fluoride, which has been discovered to yellow teeth. Check toothpaste and water bottles for fluoride before purchasing to avoid accidentally darkening your teeth.
- Water Drink as much water as possible throughout your day. This will rinse any remaining food or substance from your teeth and lead to overall whiter teeth and improved oral health. Drinking plenty of water is good for the rest of your body too, and added bonus!
- Dental Care This should be a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised at how many people complain about yellow teeth that don’t even brush regularly. Both flossing and brushing 2-3 times a day at least is the best white to maintain a bright and healthy smile.
- Home-Cleaning Kits There are a lot of teeth whitening kits on the market to choose from, but few of them are right for everyone or even healthy to use. Before deciding to purchase one of these kits, do thorough research on which is best for you. Some of them may do harm than help, and leave you in pain and unsatisfied.
- Routine Cleaning Last but not least, see the dentist as often as possible for a check-up and cleaning. No one can get your teeth cleaner than the dentist, and they can give you new and useful tips on how to maintain whiter teeth in healthy ways. Most dentists also offer teeth whitening services, which are guaranteed to be safe, healthy and effective.